IBANANAMAN Bakes: Choco Crinkles
Isya has long been fond of chocolate crinkles. But “fond” is an understated word; she loves and craves for it! This inspired us to finally bake it ourselves, following the Chef RV Manabat’s recipe.
It’s only fitting that Ohio has learned to bake this to appease Isya if (wink wink) any misunderstanding arises. Best peace offering and lambing a person can give to their SO.
- Prep time: 15-20 mins
- Cook time: 12-15 mins
- Yield: 15-16 pcs
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Oven or toaster
- Ice cream scooper
- Baking tray/s with baking sheet
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 7 tbsps corn (or canola) oil1
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup melted chocolate
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ baking soda
- ¼ baking powder
- granulated sugar
- confectioner’s sugar
- The reason why
Ingredientsis a numbered list is because each one goes in the mixing bowl sequentially, at least according to Chef RV.
- Put in ingredients 1-5 in a mixing bowl. Mix with a wire whisk until smooth. Refer to Figure 1.
- Mix in ingredients 6-9 in the bowl. Use a wooden spoon or a spatula to mix, until there’s no trace of flour visible. Avoid over-mixing.
- Prepare two bowls (or plates), one with granulated sugar, and one with confectioner’s sugar.
- Put one scoop of the chocolate mixture in the granulated sugar. With clean hands, lightly coat the scooped mixture, and shake off the excess.
- Then put it on the confectioner’s sugar. Coat it and shake off the excess. Place on a tray with baking sheet.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the rest of the chocolate mixture. Refer to Figure 2.
- Preheat oven at 175 deg. C / 350 deg. F
- Place the trays in oven, and bake for 12 mins. After that, check a sample for firmness. Bake for another 3 mins if it’s still soft.
- If this is your first time to bake this, try to stick as close as possible to the recipe. This is so you have an idea of what it tastes like. You can experiment later with other ingredients.
- For the granulated sugar coating, it’s possible to use brown sugar.
- Make sure that you’re working on a spacious counter or table. It can get cluttered real quick if unchecked.
It’s important to use either corn or canola oil. This affects the texture of the finished product once refrigerated. ↩︎
Go back to Index